Hi to all SOULutionists!
For the benefit of those who missed it, various SOLWorld Ning Groups convened to discuss what's been happening in the Groups. The SOULutionists group has been very quiet for a long time (apologies from me: I was absent from the community for much of the last year). So, it was enormously encouraging to have 18 people join our discussion. It shows that what we are interested in here has real weight and value in the SOL community.
We discussed how we would like to develop ideas within the group and the SF community. I don't have a full record of what people said, so I invite those who were present to share their thoughts and questions here.
As for the way forward, here are the things we agreed we are interested in developing:
- Sharing of (downloadable) resources here in the group: exercises, activities, articles on being Present, creating stillness and space - to give us a 'fruit plate' to choose from
- Share other resources, books and links
- Contribute to a 'code of ethics' for SF practice
- Good debate with 'technique' friends about the importance of this aspect (as Liselotte said, our challenge is to bring another map of the SF territory)
- How to introduce this way of being in 'left brain' terms, respectful to where people are, without appearing 'flaky' or scaring people off!
- Marco shared an idea of holding an 'open/empty space' event for creating and developing ideas.
It's entirely possible that some of what I captured isn't fully accurate, so please add your thoughts and ideas, and any corrections!
And please start discussions, ask questions, etc, to inject some life back into this group!
Present: Suzanne, Marco, Jean-Claude, Lina, Dietmar, Helga, Gerda, Stephanie, Marlies, Bart N, Liselotte, Arnold, Jolien, Rita, Sue L, Marika, Gesa, Dominik R.