Sharing and building Solution Focused practice in organisations
We all operate with different mental models and necessities of learning + training. When facilitating team building & leadership processes with individuals and teams a challenge is trying to determine what each person needs in order to feel our time together is used effectively.
This is a balance of
1. The person (the expert of themselves) listening and reflecting upon what and how they find value in our time together;
2. Me (the content expert) being competent and offering a variety of learning opportunities for individuals to find value in the process;
3. Both the person and me knowing and acknowledging that this separation exists and both parties valuing the process enough to find the best solution at the time;
4. The environment that the process training is taking place in;
5. The environment that the process will be utilized in (i.e. shop floor, over the phone, in team meetings, with supervisors, with subordinates, with peers, with customers, in mixed project teams, in intra or inter-department teams);
6. The black box the unknown and unforeseeable complexity that accompanies changing behaviors.
I am sure there is more and for brevity will stop now
Below are some solution focused questions that I ask leaders, teams and myself that serve in answering some of the areas covered above.
The application and retention of team building & leadership lessons require focus on each of the 6 areas, plus coaching and facilitation of connecting the lessons to work.
michael cardus is create-learning
Add a Comment
© 2023 Created by Mark McKergow. Powered by
You need to be a member of SOLWorld to add comments!